Chiropractic Treatment of Elbow Pain
Elbow pain is a common complaint for many people who frequently use their hands to type, play sports, play an instrument, or perform other repetitive motions. The pain may be over the elbow or on one side or the other. This condition can be disabling and result in lost time at work or inability to participate in athletic events. The majority of elbow pain complaints are a result of overuse. While traditional treatment is to stop performing that task, if the right treatment or intervention is found, you can continue your activities.
Some conditions that we are able to treat with chiropractic care include:
- Lateral Epicondylitis/-osis (tennis elbow): Pain on the outside of the elbow that is worse with elbow extension.
- Medial Epicondylitis/-osis: Pain over inside of the elbow, worse with flexion.
- Triceps Tendinitis: pain with extension of the arm at the tip of the elbow.
- Posterior Impingement: usually an athlete complaining of pain with quick extension; may be popping or clicking
- Little League Elbow: elbow pain in an adolescent; usually a pitcher; pain is on the inside or outside
- Olecranon Bursitis: pain and swelling on the posterior elbow as a result of a fall or repeated actions.
Conservative treatment for elbow pain by a chiropractor or physical therapist is a great starting point when seeking relief and a return to your normal lifestyle While the most common medical treatment is NSAIDs, having a functional assessment and treatment from a chiropractor or other manual therapist, in addition to the medical treatment can result in faster recovery and assist in recurrence.
If you have any questions about your elbow pain or would like to schedule an initial assessment, please contact the Johnston chiropractic clinic of Team Chiropractic and Rehabilitation using the form below, via email or phone at 515-276-8326. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you to Work Hard. Play Harder. Expect More.