Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
Neck pain can have many different causes. Prolonged postures, inappropriate postures, improper shoulder function, and TMD, just to name a few. Of course, neck pain can also be the result of trauma, including falling, athletic collisions, and automobile accidents.
Whatever the cause, conservative chiropractic care can be effective in reducing or relieving your neck pain.
Some common causes of neck pain that we treat in our Johnson chiropractic clinic include:
- Cervical Radiculopathy: Pain radiating from the neck to the arm, forearm, or hand.
- Cervical Disc Herniation: Pain radiation from the neck to the arm, forearm, hand, and possible numbness, weakness, and loss of grip strength.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome: Numbness, tingling in the arm and hand with a feeling of heaviness, and weakness in the hand.
- Burner/Stinger: A sudden burning following a traumatic injury; usually a traction sports injury during an athletic event.
- Torticollis: A lack of ability to turn the head in one direction or lean.
- Facet Syndrome: Pain with neck extension which may radiate to the shoulder or between the shoulder blades.
- Whiplash: Following an auto accident/ car accident there is a violent forward and backwards movement resulting in a sprain/ strain of the cervical tissue.
Neck injuries are not something to take lightly as letting these issues resolve on their own can result in chronic issues which may take even longer to resolve. There are several studies which state that manipulation/adjustments are recommended for acute neck pain. In addition, myofascial release can assist in resolving your condition more rapidly. Team Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, your Johnston chiropractor, is always interest in offering you a solution to your problem.
If you have any questions about your neck pain or would like to schedule an initial assessment, please contact the Johnston chiropractic clinic of Team Chiropractic and Rehabilitation using the form below, via email or phone at 515-276-8326. We look forward to answering your questions and helping you to Work Hard. Play Harder. Expect More.