There are many causes of shoulder injuries. However, many of these injuries occur because of a poor range of motion and improper movement patterns. Lifting, driving, reaching for a glass, or performing your sport or activity improperly can result in pain, dysfunction, and diagnoses like shoulder impingement, rotator cuff tear or tendinitis, bicipetal tendinitis, or labral tears. Improper shoulder movement can also result in back pain, headaches, and the need to stop your favorite activities.
Attendees should expect leave the seminar with a better understanding of proper shoulder mobility, posture, and the far reaching effects that the shoulder can have on the body.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an interest in working out
- Overhead athletes (baseball, tennis, volleyball, etc.)
- Anyone suffering from shoulder pain
- Anyone who wants to learn more about avoiding shoulder pain and injury.
What Will Be Covered?
- Common sources of shoulder pain.
- Proper shoulder movement during overhead activities.
- Home self-care that is designed to keep you doing the activities you enjoy.
When Is The Seminar?
Saturday, February 2, 2013 @ approximately 9:00 A.M. (Immediately following the 8:00 A.M. workout.)
Where Is The Seminar?Crossfit Des Moines 3209 99th Street Urbandale, IA 50322 (515) 334-3278
Non-Members are Welcome!
If you are not a member of Crossfit Des Moines, but would like to attend, please feel free to drop in!